İnternet Sitesi

www.zeynepkocasinan.com

22 Ekim 2007 Pazartesi

Will You Accept the Call?

The question is when that opportunity or that desire we have been craving, when that shows up, when we manage to bring it into our reality, will we take the call? When our life path seems to lead to a dead-end, and a side door shows shining brightly, will we take it or just pass by? Creating our desires seems to create a responsibility. Now-a-days, I personally choose to accept the calls.

***

I love being in Istanbul. I love Istanbul in the spring. I lived there all my life except for the fours years I spent in New York State at Cornell University in college and the last two years I have been partly living in Fethiye. I love Istanbul when the trees are in bloom; the colour of pink and purple surrounds the city. I live in Arnavutkoy in Istanbul; it is a district by the Bosphorous. I remember how I decided to rent my apartment. I think it happened in just an instant, in one day. That is more or less how I bought my apartment in Fethiye. I bought in less than 24 hours after I saw it. Many people asked me “how could you decide so quickly for such a major decision?” It can be very difficult, but it really can be very easy as well - if you listen to your heart.

There are many times in life when we are faced with a decision. We may feel a very strong urge to act one way. But our mind tells another. We are at a cross roads. How do we decide?

I am an engineer by training and I have learned to trust my mind and to trust knowledge. I still respect honest and true knowledge. Then I got more involved in art, especially painting and then opened up my own art studio. Things started to change even more when I was introduced to Reiki and also learned about other complementary treatment methods such as flower remedies and crystal healing. I started to question a little differently. How do we make a good decision? How do we make a right decision? From different points of view, the replies differ.

***

Here is how I put it. When you feel that sudden urge in your heart to act in one way, when it feels as if you are being pushed in a certain direction and at the same time feel that inner happy feeling, craving, when regardless of all that is being said, you can not help to act another way - that is a strong sign that this action or decision will be for your good. Some of us call this intuition or the 6th sense. It is a sudden knowing, a feeling that comes out of the blue and is crystal clear. That is as good as I can describe it.

I do not say that ignore your mind or logic. We need them. But we aware that there is another method of knowing, which is more effective at times. I believe that our feelings are the medium the Universe, God converses with us. Why not listen to that voice? If it is there, there must be a reason for it. At different times in my life I felt these sudden urges to act in one way. My decisions seemed a little sudden at the time, but I have not regretted them afterwards. And to be honest, as I look back, I could not have acted any other way. J

***

I love listening to music. I play the piano and would like to learn to play the guitar. Music is essential for our soul. Like the frequency of colours, the frequency of different sounds reaches different parts of our being.

I love listening to Mario Frangoulis. His voice and the words to most of his songs appeal to me very much. I love most of his songs: “Come What May”, “Bridge of Dreams” and many others. But today I want to repeat his words in “Follow Your Heart”:

“Every little tear you cry

Leaves your heart so heavy
Every time you hear goodbye
You wonder will it ever end
There's nothing I can tell you
The world moves on and on
But I still believe
In love
Follow your heart

Wherever it takes you
Nobody knows
Where the wind blows
No one can say
Follow your dreams
Wherever they find you
Lost and alone
The light in the storm
Will always be with you
If you follow your heart
When the world's a little crazy
The truth's so hard to find
But I still believe
In love
Follow your heart

Wherever it takes you
Nobody knows
Where the wind blows
No one can say
Follow your heart
Wherever they find you
Lovers and friends
They fade in the end
But the love that's inside you
Grows stronger inside you
Will always be with you,
FOLLOW YOUR HEART…”

***

As my teacher Moshe says “For every problem or difficulty that comes into your life, know that the solution is always given to you at the same time. If you could not do it, it would not be given to you.” There is no right or wrong. I say, keep your eyes and heart open to discover the wonders waiting for you on your path.

Wish you a journey filled with love and light.
Z
_____________________________________________________________________
Affirmation of the Week:
“I do something new – or at least different every day.”
By Louise L. Hay
_______________________________________________________________________
Quote of the Week:
“What we play is life.”
Louis Armstrong
________________________________________________________________________
Suggested Reading:
“What God Wants” By Neale Donald Walsch.
The Turkish translation of this book is available under the name “Tanrı Ne İster?”