İnternet Sitesi

www.zeynepkocasinan.com

22 Ekim 2007 Pazartesi

Positive Words Heal

I do not remember exactly when read Louise L. Hay’s famous book “You Can Heal Your Life” first. Yet, I definitely remember being impressed by her analysis of thought forms and illnesses. A few days ago, as I was buying her “I Can Do It” cards as a present for a friend, I realized that she literally has been and still is changing the lives of millions of people.

Louise L. Hay is a pioneer in making the connection between our thoughts and beliefs and our health. She is the founder of Hay House Publications. When no publisher was interested in her first book, she decided to publish it herself. She did extensive work to correlate certain negative thoughts with certain illnesses and to use positive thought forms to improve health. By the way she chooses to call an illness a dis-ease, meaning that a health problem points out to a lack of ease in the mind which then reflects in the body.

***

I must say that I put her list of causes of illnesses to the test many times in my life and many of my Reiki students use it to understand their dis-eases better. For example, sometimes pain is due to our desire to be touched and loved with no actual physical reasons behind it and an affirmation such as “I love and approve of myself. I love and I am loved” works wonders. My own teacher Moshe Abudaram always reminds me that “Pain is not the illness; it is a symptom that points out that there is a problem in the physical or emotional systems of the body. If you would like to get rid of the pain, find the real cause.” This is not an easy task. Dealing with pain is difficult and there are many many different causes. Yet, if it can be possible, please look into what your body might be trying to tell you through pain.

As another example, urinary problems can be due to worry, being worn out or being stuck in old thoughts patterns. The affirmation “I release the old easily and comfortably and allow the new to come into my life” can be of help. I have seen some incontinence problems dramatically reduced in less than a few weeks with this affirmation and the use of an energy technique such as Reiki. Why not give it a try?

I also meet students with hearing problems. I have come to see that some hearing problems are due to not wanting to hear what goes around us, especially in the family. If you can be aware of that, and choose what you listen to instead of automatically shutting off your ears, you may realize that you are starting to hear much better than before. Say to yourself: “I listen with love.” And try to listen with love, without judgment. There is no right or wrong.

For those of you who are not familiar with affirmations, they are positive phrases that we use to break or alter negative thought patterns. The key to using affirmations is to repeat them beyond the level of resistance. At first our mind might say “How will a sentence change my problem?” Yet, it does. I have seen it happen over and over again. Affirmations work. Watch your words and you will create a lot of magic in your life.

I do have a few recommendations for the use of the affirmations:
· Use them when you wake up and before you go to bed.
· Find a place you will not be interrupted.
· Say and repeat the affirmations out loud.
· Try to tell them to yourself looking into your eyes in the mirror.
· If you can, tape the affirmation on the bathroom mirror or anywhere else you can easily see.
· And how many times shall we repeat an affirmation each time? Repeat the affirmations to the point that you believe them.

“If you believe it, you’ll see it” as Dr. Wayne Dryer says. You may want to start with 20 to 25 times and discover what is right for you through trial and error. There can never be set rules when it comes to people. We are all unique. More is not necessarily better. Try and see for yourself.

Looking at the mirror is also very important, both for the affirmations and for self-acceptance which is essential in our well-being. As Moshe once told me “If you do not like what you see in the mirror, changing the mirror won’t help, neither will covering up the mirror. Have the courage to look in the mirror. You will end up discovering how perfect you really are.” Give up judging yourself and accept that you are perfect as you already are.

***

Of course, needless to say please make sure you consult with your doctor first in case of any medical problems. Then use these complementary methods in addition to your treatment with the consent of your doctor or medical health practitioner.

***

Thoughts that we think shape our world; and here are some healthy suggestions from Louise Hay to remind ourselves every day. If you are not working with a specific affirmation, you may read the list below out loud every morning and night, and also whenever you feel like it J, for at least three weeks:

My healing is already in process.
I trust my inner wisdom.
I am willing to forgive.
I am deeply fulfilled by all that I do.
I trust the process of life.
I have the perfect living space.
I can release the past and forgive everyone.
The point of power is always in the present moment.
I am safe, it’s only change.
I am willing to change.
It’s only a thought and a thought can be changed.
Every thought I think is creating my future.
There is no blame.
I let go of all expectations.
I see clearly.
I am safe in the universe and all life loves and supports me.
My life is a mirror.
I balance my masculine and feminine sides.
Freedom is my divine right.
I release all fears and doubts.
Divine wisdom guides me.

I will leave you with 21 power thoughts this week. Why 21? The number 21 in Tarot represents the Universe. And according to Doreen Virtue and her interpretation of Angel Numbers, the number 21 tells us “to stay positive and allow positive thoughts and affirmations to support us”. And why repeat them for 3 weeks? According to many traditions 21 days are needed for a new habit to set in. That is also one of the reasons new Reiki students are asked to give themselves Reiki energy after their initiation for 21 consecutive days.

***

You may collect you own affirmations; or you may also write your own words and compose your unique list. Put your list on the fridge. Or record it and listen to them in your own voice in your home or car. And most importantly, no matter what you do, please enjoy every moment. Life is meant to be beautiful, abundant and happy.

Enjoy the spring. Remember life blooms every spring, yet we are born anew every day. Welcome your new life every morning and use it to make your life as wonderful as you wish.

With lots of love,
Z.
_____________________________________________________________________
Affirmation of the Week:
“The greatest gift I can give myself is unconditional love.”
By Louise L. Hay
_______________________________________________________________________
Quote of the Week:
“You are a spiritual being embodying all of the Power of the Universe within you. Will you not accept the Truth and start living as the Light of the world that you are?”
John Randolph Price
________________________________________________________________________
Suggested Reading:
“Rich Kid Smart Kid” By Robert T. Kiyosaki – Sharon L. Lechter
The Turkish translation of this book is available under the name “Zengin Çocuk Akıllı Çocuk”.
_________________________________________________________________
In case of a health problem, please consult with your medical doctor first. As for all complementary techniques, please contact you medical doctor first to make sure that the technique is suitable for your condition. All of the methods described and the information provided here are not intended to be taken as a replacement for medical advice; and should only be used in conjunction with and under medical supervision.
_______________________________________________________________________­­­