İnternet Sitesi

www.zeynepkocasinan.com

22 Ekim 2007 Pazartesi

Connecting with Your Body

Dr. Edward Bach said: “Treat people for their emotional unhappiness, and allow them to be happy, and they will become well.” So similar to what my teacher Moshe keeps on telling. It used to be almost an insult to tell someone to be happy when they were sad or ill or in trouble. Yet, more and more people and doctors and health care professionals are seeing and learning that being positive and happy has a tremendous effect in improving health and in convalescence.

Since I am a Reiki teacher, many people ask me how Reiki energy therapies can help people with illnesses. First of all no complementary medicine system may say that it heals a certain illness or an illness in any case. A healing is something that comes from within the person. Traditional medicine or complementary both aim at removing the conditions or circumstances that seem to cause the discomfort. Traditional medicine due to its nature aims at removing the visible conditions that seem to cause the illness. Complementary therapies usually aim at treating the hidden emotional or spiritual cause as well as improving the energy circulation surrounding the person and improving the mental, emotional and spiritual states to help the person to be stronger to face the condition at hand. For this reason, the combined results of traditional and complementary medicine seem to be better than the results achieved by any of the one of these alone.

There are many complementary methods that you can use both to heal and to stay in shape. Yoga, meditation, Reiki, foot reflexology, homeopathy, flower remedies, crystal healing, bio-energy, emotional clearing, and hypnotherapy are some of the many more. If you have not had any experience, where could you start? I would say start with meditation. It is allowing yourself to sit or lie alone in a quite spot with or without music to allow yourself to relax and to reach a state where you are able to connect with your inner-self. Meditation allows us to realize that we are not our thoughts, and in a relaxed state we are able to look at our thoughts and life from another perspective.

Let me give you a meditation text to use to connect with your body. Please read the text before you do the meditation. You may want to record it to play it during the meditation if possible, although not necessary. The text is as follows:



BODY Meditation:

I love my body. My body is perfect for me at this time. My body weight is also perfect. I am exactly where I choose to be. I am beautiful, and every day I become more attractive. This concept used to be very hard for me to accept, yet things are changing now that I am treating myself as if I were someone who was deeply loved. I’m learning to reward myself with healthy little treats and pleasures now and again. Little acts of love nurture me, doing things that I really like, such as quiet time, a walk in nature, a hot soothing bath, or anything that really gives me pleasure. I enjoy caring for myself. I believe it is okay to like myself and to be my own best friend. I know my body is filled with star light and that I sparkle and glow everywhere I go.

Now for the meditation:
1. Find yourself a quiet place that you will not be bothered for about 15 to 30 minutes.
2. Find a comfortable chair. (I recommend sitting in a meditation)
3. Put an instrumental soft music if you would like.
4. Sit down and close your eyes.
5. Count backwards from 10 to 1.
6. Relax your whole body starting from your head to your toes.
7. Breathe slowly and deeply and down to your stomach, your diaphragm.
8. Repeat the above words to yourself quietly.
9. Let yourself be warped in colours of the rainbow.
10. Listen and observe the sounds and images that come to you. See them and let them go without any attachment.
11. Allow yourself to be washed with a warm and gentle rain cleaning up all that does not belong to you. Be willing to let go of everything that does not belong to you.
12. When you feel you are done, count from 1 to 5 slowly and open your eyes at the count of 5.


***

Natural Remedy of the Week

For removing blackheads from your skin:

To remove blackheads from your face, massage a small amount of jojoba oil into your skin before treating yourself to a facial sauna wash. The jojoba oil helps to stop the clogging of the pores and the accumulation.
A recommended facial sauna would be one of parsley and lemon. This facial sauna is for oily skin:
2.5 litres of water ( 4 pints)
20 grams of fresh, chopped parsley ( ¾ oz)
10 grams of fresh, chopped peppermint (2 teaspoons)
½ sliced lemon.

Bring the mixture to boiling in a covered pot.
Then remove from the heat and let it stay for about five minutes.
Then with a towel tent over your head, lift the lid and expose your face to the steam for about ten minutes. Of course be careful not to be too close to the pot and not to burn yourself.
Afterwards wash you face.
If you are used to using facial scrub or mask, you may choose to do this at this point.

***

Have a wonderful week filled with love and laughter.
Z
_____________________________________________________________________
Affirmation of the Week:
“I now choose to create a life that is joyous and abundant. I am at ease.”
By Louise L. Hay
_______________________________________________________________________
Quote of the Week:
“Travellers, there is no path, paths are made by walking.”
Antonio Macchado
________________________________________________________________________
Book of the Week:
“Lycia” By Cevdet Bayburtluoğlu.
This is a very comprehensive book about the Lycian Civilization in South-Western Turkey. This book is available in Turkish also under the name “Lykia”.

Please always consult your doctor first in case of any medical problems. All remedies given in this column are for informative purposes and should only be used under the consent and supervision of a medical doctor.