İnternet Sitesi

www.zeynepkocasinan.com

22 Ekim 2007 Pazartesi

Magic of Positive Thinking: A Start

“You Can If You Think You Can.”
Norman Vincent Peale

Have you ever looked into your thinking patterns? What are the thoughts that come to your mind during the day? What are your natural reactions when things do not go your way or the way you planned them? What are your expectations about life? What are your expectations when you wake up in the morning? Your thoughts about the future? Your expectations about the outcome of events?

Can we change the course of our lives by altering the way we look at events? If we are able to look at events through a positive approach, is it possible to make the outcome of our lives more positive? Can positive thinking improve the quality of our lives?

One of the most famous authors on positive thinking Norman Vincent Peale says: “Does positive thinking always work? Yes. Now, I realize this is a rather bold statement. And someone may object: ‘Is that so. I had lots of problems. I read positive thinking and I still have problems.’ … So often, people don’t really understand the nature of positive thinking. A positive thinker does not refuse to recognize the negative, but refuses to dwell on it. Positive thinking is a form of thought which habitually looks for the best results from the worse conditions.”

Anthony Robbins, the author of Awaken the Giant Within, Unlimited Power and Giant Steps, recommends an exercise. For 10 consecutive days, we are not supposed to think about anything negative whatsoever, whatever the events in our life are. When we realize that we are thinking a negative thought, we are to let it go. He claims that these 10 days are necessary to break our negative patterns. If for example, on the 9th day, we catch ourselves lingering in a negative thought too much and staying there; the next morning we need to start from day 1, again and go on for 10 days, until we are able to do it for 10 days in a row.

Joe Girard, who had been chosen the world’s greatest salesman by the Guinness Book of World Records for many years, offers 12 daily affirmations for the mornings, to jump start positive thinking for the day:
“I am successful”
“I am loving.”
“I am attractive.”
“I am friendly.”
“I am helpful.”
“I am generous.”
“I am in control.”
“I am strong.”
“I am courageous.”
“I am optimistic.”
“I am affluent.”
“I have peace of mind.”

Mr. Girard claims that we become what we think and what we believe. With saying the words, as well as imagining ourselves in the state that we describe, we bring in positive energy to ourselves. He believes that his great success as a salesman is due to his positive thinking and his positive approach to life.

Every day please expect the best from life for that day. Allow yourself to be ready for the experience. Please carefully weed out any negative expectations or feelings for the day to come. Accept that each day gives you the best for your well-being and development. Expect the best and accept the best.

We affect our environment through our energy; and therefore, if we are able to think positively, not only us, but also our environment, our family, our neighbours, peers at work, they will all benefit from our positive energy flow, which will bring more happiness to us in return. Trust your own light, trust your own power. Can you do it? As Norman Peale says: “You can if you think you can.”

I would like to conclude with a few words from the author of The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari, Robin Sharma:
“It is easy to spend much of your days beating up on yourself for past mistakes. … You will soon see that your life would not be as rich and colourful without the mistakes of your past. So be gentler to yourself and see life for what it really is: a path of self-discovery, personal growth, and lifelong learning.”

With love,
Z.
________________________________________________________________________
Affirmation of the Week:
“Everything happens for me, not to me.”
By Byron Katie, The Author of Loving What Is.

Quote of the Week:
“I cannot change another person. I let others be who they are, and I simply love who I am.”
By Louise L. Hay, The Author of You Can Heal Your Life.


Suggested Reading:
“The Power of Positive Thinking” By Norman Vincent Peale.
The Turkish translation of the book is sold under the name “Olumlu Düşünmenin Gücü”.